Sunday, August 16, 2009

Real Music

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm big on old school music. I'm not just speaking R&B n Hip hop. I'm speaking of all genres of music, especially old reggae.

When I hear great artist such as Sanchez and Beres Hammond it brings me back to a time when music was music. Spreading words of love, praise, heartbreak, and unity. We might even hear a story. Today's music is filled with pride filled artist. People with thing to prove. Flaunting there money, jewelry, and women. Where has music gone? It pains me to hear the difference in the messages music send to us.

It humbles me and reminds me how simple and pleasurable life really is. Life is simple. People are complicated. We need to stop focusing on negativity even though its hard. Appreciate life's simple pleasure. The sounds of rain against a window, the sound of a breeze flowing through tree branches, etc. Positive energy is all around us. We just choose to not acknowledge it. On that note next time your outdoors just take a minute to appreciate your surroundings. Stay still and feel the positivity around you. You'll feel it. Then set your priorities straight and most of life's stress causers will disappear.

Here I've left you one of my Favorite Beres Hammond Songs. Enjoy.



Rock Away - Beres Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment