Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Return of The Unk

“Wherever I am in life, is where I am in my music. It’s the emotional and right brain counterpart to New Amerykah pt. 1. It’s what I say in Amerykah like I was standing on an Apex, watching everything around me, like a commentary. Part 2 is emotionally where I am and spiritually and creatively. This one tells a biography of what I’m going through, what I see and what I’ve learned. When I listen to the albums, I can see how far I’ve come spiritually and mentally.”

_Erykah Badu speaking on her new album "New Amerykah Pt. 2- Return of the Unk".

With Ms. Badu being hands down one of my Top 5 Favorite Artist, you could imagine how excited i am about the release of her new album. Shes one of the original soul artist who has a feel to her songs like no other.

As stated in the video below, Ms. Badu simply made an album based on pure feelings and emotion. Working not keeping in mind what people would expect from her or even the expectations she herself. The sound and feel of the album also incorporates artwork. I cant wait to see which artistsshe decides to work with. I'm highly anticipation this album. The album drops on her birthday February 26, 2010.





No comments:

Post a Comment